вівторок, 7 жовтня 2014 р.

My First Vocabulary Class




Whenever I recall in my memory our first Vocabulary lesson, I feel entirely happy because this new subject became for all of us a new avenue to creativity and brilliant opportunity to master our English vocabulary. So, I’d like to give you a brief summary of it which, to my mind, is the classic example of a perfect interactive lesson.

At first, when I entered the classroom and the noise died down, it came as quite a pleasant surprise to see among the familiar faces of my group mates our new instructor, Tetiana Oleksandrivna. Our acquaintance turned to be very warm and fascinating, and it was a great honor for us to introduce ourselves in English. After such a nice chat, we faced the prospect of having quite a challenging vocabulary activity, main concern of which was repeating and memorizing the unusual words pronounced one by one. To tell you the truth, I would do no such thing as at that very moment there was an utter chaos in my head, and I almost had narrow escape.

Frankly speaking, I hoped to gain only pleasant impressions from that first lesson in vocabulary, because the subject was expected to be really important and helpful. But at the same time I made it clear for myself that I had a considerable difficulty with memorizing the stuff. Taking the blame for my poor memory or slight accent and waiting for Tetiana Oleksandrivna’s constructive criticism, I was pleased to hear her cheering praise for my real efforts.

Then, we were learning some interesting collocations with the word ‘fire’, like “catch fire”, “on fire”, “set fire” and whatsoever. Apart from a very friendly atmosphere of the lesson, I especially enjoyed the moment when we were supposed to create a poster “I love Ukraine and…”. It was lots of fun while deciding who would write the headline. We even settled a dispute on that concern. Finally, we reached an agreement and, as a result, our poster turned out to be ever so colourful, positive and bright that we even decided to take some photos of it!

All in all, the excitement from our first Vocabulary class still is in my heart, as well as the fire of curiosity lit in our heads by our creative instructor. I do hope this year will bring us a lot of new exciting experiences, the main thing is just not to back down!


3 коментарі:

  1. You have a very good memory)
    This picture is so sweet, I have never forget it cause it so patriotic!
    Our first class from Vocabulary of English Language bring to all of us satisfaction with team working because we have common goal and foster our team spirit to do this task as well as possible!

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. It was very nice of you to pour out your emotions and share your impressions of our first vocabulary class. As for me, it was really interesting to be involved in a joint activity of drawing a poster. The idea to make a patriotic poster was entirely up-to-day at that moment. Besides, as you were saying, we had a lot of other activities that we had not experienced before. Generally, it was a classic example of how classes should look like.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  3. Your post made me recall our lesson and all those emotions we experienced then. I remember feeling uneasy because I was sitting at the end and had to repeat all the 13 words! But it turned out to be not that challenging and I felt jubilant and ecstatic when I clinched a victory.

    ВідповістиВидалити