суботу, 22 листопада 2014 р.

Brief Cycle Carousel: Spotlight of Achievements




Hi again, this time I’m publishing my last blog in this trimester… Of course, it’s a little bit sad – time flies … At the same time, despite being apprehensive about rigorous last module week, I keep my chin up looking forward to a good rest. Of course, I will imminently face the prospect of returning to persistent work and won’t take my laziness lying down. Now, after loads of accomplished tasks and 3 endless months of study I am eager to make a brief summary of my achievements and proved expectations.
To start with, from the very beginning of the course my main concern was to excel at expanding my English vocabulary. Later on, I got an insight into the underlying meaning of this subject and made clear for myself one significant thing. As a matter of fact, previously I jumped to conclusions anticipating considerable difficulties with memorizing all the stuff, but I was wrong. It turned out that practice makes perfect. Probably, the most helpful tool for me became creative activities during our practical classes. We put a real effort while incorporating collocations in our speech, making creative dialogues, playing interactive games and leafing through English magazines in search of familiar words. What’s more, such activity as making a poster “I love Ukraine” fostered our team spirit and made us better collaborate with each other.
In addition, I was proposed to organize a dictionary in a productive way, which contributed greatly to my better understanding of the word families and efficient memorizing them. Fortunately, I don’t have utter chaos in my head and dictionary anymore when I encounter some difficulties with the unfamiliar word.
Leaping to conclusions, Modern English Vocabulary, supposed to be pet hate at the very beginning of the course, became one of my favourite subjects in the end thanks to our teacher, Tetiana Oleksandrivna.  It’s she, who never stopped telling us not to give up in a hard situation but find possibilities to wriggle out of it.  I’m so grateful to this inspiring woman for having taught me not to back down too fast (which was the underlying enemy number one in my studies). Let me boast, I’ve accomplished at least one goal from my “Wish List”: I’ve got a genuine elation from the thing I like the most – learning foreign languages, that’s it!

1 коментар:

  1. After reading your post I can jump to conclusion that you feel jubilant after finishing first trimester of studying because you have accomplished your goals. You have proved that practice makes perfect and made it clear that you really enjoyed learning new words.

    ВідповістиВидалити