неділя, 19 квітня 2015 р.

A message for the freshers

As a student who has almost done with the Modern English Course, I’d like to let you in on some secrets of effective training. Hope they’ll help you to make a good progress in mastering English and to gain excellent marks.
To start with, try to organize your dictionary in a productive way which would contribute greatly to your better understanding of the word families and more efficient memorizing them. Of course, you’ll be required to cover a lot of ground, not only hitting set texts, but also jotting down nice collocations related to the topic. Pay attention, it’s not necessary to cram all active vocabulary – just try to single out the most difficult collocations and go through them with your group mates, making as many sentences as possible. In this way, you will definitely avoid having utter chaos in your head and encountering some difficulties with unfamiliar words. The more you brush up on them, the better.
Secondly, you have to take your blog assignments seriously, as this is the best way of learning through practice. The main thing is, don’t put them off until the last night. It’s not as hard as it sounds – just undergo your laziness and get down to writing. When you get inspired later on, it’ll be no problem to brush up on the first draft. Meeting deadlines is quite stressful, so the most sensible decision would be to write your blog assignments in advance.
Talking about myself, it’s my firm conviction that thanks to this course I’ve got an excellent grasp of how to use loads of new collocations, idioms and phrasal verbs in a proper way. Frankly speaking, it wasn’t all as easy as ABC – I put a real effort to memorize all the stuff and sometimes had to burn the midnight oil, especially during the session weeks (a student’s real character, lol), but now I enjoy the fruits of my hard work, which is really thrilling. It goes without saying, I must give a credit to my teacher Tetiana Oleksandrivna for having taught me not to back down too fast (to tell you the truth, it was the underlying enemy number one in my studies).

Leaping to conclusions, I hope my pieces of advice will come in useful for you and by the end of the Modern English Vocabulary course you’ll have got a genuine elation from it. Just keep calm and study hard!:)



Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар