субота, 18 квітня 2015 р.

Story on People’s Relationships

THE BEST IS YET TO COME
 
Never in her wildest dreams had Nancy ever thought that Paul would tell her this, “I’m sorry, but I don’t love you any more”. The long-awaited letter from her boyfriend made this model-like girl with an angelic oval face framed by a shoulder-length jet-black hair the unhappiest creature in the whole world. A real character some minutes ago, who gave the impression of a stubborn and optimistic person, now Nancy looked down in the dumps – she understood that she had lost her LOVE…
Tears filled the girl’s eyes when she remembered the last day before leaving for Chester. Always calm and a bit diffident Paul was then close to throwing a tantrum. The guy couldn’t find necessary words to talk her out of taking the job with Chester Holidays. But Nancy, who wanted to do something different before going straight to college after school accused him of having a selfish streak. After all, it was her life and at the age of 18 she had to make her own decisions. And Nancy made. Unfortunately, not in Paul’s favor.
If only she had listened to Paul, but not to her best friend Laura then! This confident ginger-haired girl with striking appearance was obviously getting Paul’s nose when she approved Nancy’s wish to try the job of a tour guide advertised on the BBC Radio-4. It was she who, as a real know all, assured the doubtful girl that it was but her cup of tea – sticking to Geography and languages.
 “What’s the matter, love? Why are you crying?” asked Julia, with whom Nancy worked in the same group at Chester Holidays, entering the hotel bar.
–      I’m feeling homesick and depressed. I wish I hadn’t taken this stupid job.
–       Why?
–      I’ve got a letter from my lover Paul this morning. I thought the world of him but… He says he doesn’t love me anymore because we’ve drifted apart during this separation and he’s going to get engaged to my best friend Laura.
–      The rat! How dare he make a fool out of you having an affair with your… best friend! 
–      No, it’s not his fault. I can’t blame him. Paul didn’t want me to take this job. He felt very miserable after I had left home! Then he and Laura went out together a few times and now they’re…Oh, I feel so broken!

“Come on. There’s no need for tears. You’ll come to terms with it. The best is yet to come,” Julia did her best to sooth her poor group mate. But no soothing words could cure Nancy’s broken heart.  Even if the best was yet to come…

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар